Monday, September 25, 2006

More info about the new boyfriend

I have been “casually” dating a guy for about two months. As I have mentioned here before, he’s not exactly my type. Nonetheless, there are many things I do like about him so I think I should elaborate.

I am a tall, thin person and I like someone who is bigger and taller than me. The current boyfriend is considerably shorter than I am and also quite small. When we’re lying around in bed or on the couch, it seems that both of us want to be cuddled. It made us laugh once because both of us were trying to position ourselves in the interior position on the couch while we were watching a movie.

So that’s strike number one against him. Strike number two is more a reflection of my own vanity. Having only recently come out of the closet (gradually over the last 2 years) I think that one thing holding me back from getting into relationships is my desire to only date someone who is better looking than I am. I want to introduce a tall, great looking guy as my boyfriend. Thankfully, issue #2 is getting much better. I have introduced this boyfriend to many of my friends and I notice that I’m caring less about this than I once did.

There are some great things about the relationship -- we really get along well and we certainly are attracted to each other. Also, I’m learning that it can be fun to be seeing someone. Even if I’m just going over to his place to watch TV, it’s comfortable and nice.

Instead of just going with the flow, I think that one of these days I will have to make a decision. For example, he wants to take a trip with me over the next couple of weeks. I feel like a trip – alone – means that things are going to get more serious. I don’t know whether or not to go on the trip and just relax, or if I should not go on the trip because I don’t want things to get more serious. It sounds like a silly question but this is the quandary I find myself in now.

No comments: