Tuesday, September 19, 2006

New Job!

Great news… I got a great job offer at a bank!!! The job is sort of an internal finance/accounting role. The advantage is that it involves a heavy interaction with at least five different areas of the firm on a daily basis. I am excited for a fresh start; excited to start a job where I want to excel and not just get by.

Before I started my current job in New York, I had such a different attitude about work. During my junior of college I had an internship at a major bank. It was unpaid but I was extremely dedicated to my work. I was doing very tedious work using massive spreadsheets but I wanted to do the best damn job possible. Hell, I would have accepted the job if I had had to pay to do it!

From the beginning, I did not have that attitude about my current job. I only saw it as something I would do for two years while I qualified for the CPA. Consequently, I never really did a great job and I was miserable a lot.

No comments: